Well I guess Jacob isn't an old man but definitely toothless. He pulled his latest one out because it was a little loose. He wanted me to do it but I refused and told him to wait for his dad. He was impatient and got a towel and did it himself. That kid is crazy tough. Here he is with his bath beard - I am sure one day he will be embarrassed to see that he enjoyed bubble baths even at the ripe old age of six. Tonight in his prayer he said "we thank thee for letting us be here on earth, and we are happy that we didn't chose to follow Satan".
Here is Spencer in a pair of his favorite pajamas - I think it is time for the size 24 month pajamas to be passed on. In the bearded picture Pence looks a little drugged, but I promise he isn't.
Here are a couple of pictures of a hottie named Khuong. We went away for the weekend without the kids - it was WONDERFUL!!! We did normal boring things like hang out. Of course we kept score
Event/Score K-Khuong, L-Lauren
*Ping Pong - K-6, L-1
Biking - K-super slow, L-kicked trash
Racquetball - K-5, L-0
**Kickball - K-4, L-0
Naps - K-0, L-2 (kicked trash again)
Oh so on paper I didn't do so good, but I was rockin at biking. I kept having to wait for K and when I asked him why he was going so slow. His answer was "because he fell once". PLEASE - of course I had to start cracking up!! Then I informed him that I fell once too. We traded stories and decided that my experience was more perilous, but his was obviously more life changing. I had some crappy girls bike (I don't think I've ever had a girls bike) - in the end Khuong traded me for his bike.
*Ping Pong - I did lose A LOT!! It is probably more pathetic that I made him play all the games left handed. In my defense he spent the 4 years of medical school perfecting his game. In the tournament in medical school he won first place and on a cruise won second place. He practically a professional
**Kickball was AWESOME!!! This game of kickball was like none you have ever played. We created this game in the racquetball court. You play it just like racquetball but with your feet. You have to serve it and kick it back on the wall after the first bounce. It probably sounds lame but it rocked.
7 comments:
I love Jacob's comment. Aren't you always impressed when you discover they really are learning in primary...or better yet, from you? It amazes me that they learn anything at all the way they're usually bouncing off the walls, climbing the back of the chair, putting their fingers in each others ears etc., etc., etc.
First of all, the toothless grin is adorable. Tyson just lost his first one on Sunday night. It was a huge deal around here. He thought the tooth fairy woud bring him "a penny, or maybe even a nickel." Imagine his surprise when he found a dollar! Q said that he'll only get a dollar for the FIRST lost tooth, and from here on out it's no more than 50 cents. ;)
Secondly, how awesome to go off by yourselves. We haven't done that for a long time. We're going to a wedding in Wisconsin in a few weeks, but have to bring Paige cuz she still needs me for food. But we NEED a vacation. I love he score sheet. Especially because I love the phrase "kicked trash."
Third, do you ever think we'll live near each other? I really want to. You KNOW our boys would be BFFs, and I miss you.
Awesome! So cool you and K got to just chill with each other!!
I totally agreed with you about the tooth situation... I think i would have passed out watching him do it. He IS so brave. 100% Boy!!! I loved his prayer. It's fun to hear all the stuff they're concerned about in their prayers, instead of just copying ours...
Joshua has been blessing all of the planets a lot lately.
Precious Jacob! Where'd you guys go that had all of that sporting equipment?
Jacob is such a cutie!!! I miss you guys so much and cannot wait till you move back. and you and Khuong are so lucky to go off like that. Daniel and I are planning a small trip in August, just the two of us...any suggestions?
Bryce saw the pictures of Jacob and Spencer and loves the bubble beards. Bryce does that all the time too when he washes his hands.
Post a Comment