Wednesday, April 2, 2008

FAMILY


It was so much fun to have our family down for a week. The hit of the week was Daphne - we had never met her. She is of course so cute and the boys are in love with her. They wanted to sleep with her and hold her. Baby Spencer was fascinated with her bodily functions of course. He introduced her to all the neighborhood kids as "the baby who sometimes farts!" That is my boy - all into the stinky part of life. He actually says that his talent is being stinky. He also succeeded in irritating Uncle Spencer by calling him Uncle Daniel - to which Big Spencer would say - "stop calling me Daniel - my name is Spencer like yours", the kid is dense and kept on doing it. Above is a picture of the Daphinator in her little Easter hoodie. She is a whole 4 months and such a HAPPY and CUTE baby!!




We ventured to Philadelphia and DC. My heart is always so full when walking in DC. We walked to pretty much every monument and memorial. We were sooo tired by the end of the day. We stayed at the McFad's house and kept Joseph up really, really, really, late (sorry Michelle - it was totally Khuong). The big boys stayed up till like 4 playing Settlers of Catan. The next day we went to DC again and were much less productive. We got into the Natural History Museum, stopped by the money printing place, and the Holocaust Museum. That was a wonderful experience for us and the kids.

Settlers of Catan was the game of the week - I think only one night went by where we or K and S didn't play. Every night was a party - I would have to go to bed at like 2 or 3 - but the crazy big boys were up really late every night.


Here the boys are doing some Spiderman thing on the White House fence - that is how we enjoy history!! (This picture also tells me that K needs some new pants that maybe don't tapper so much - what can I say all his clothes are hand me downs)

This picture is seriously AWESOME!! I would like to introduce you to Spencer - this is kind of what he looks like having a tantrum. Sadly this is not really a tantrum - this is the picture of him after eating it by the reflecting pool. It was kind of funny. It took him a while after lying on the ground face down to decide that he was going to react with such feeling. Jacob was a little jealous that he didn't get to fall down and get dirty. He immediately tried to lie down and roll in the dirt, but Khuong caught him at his knees. Poor Jacob - if only he had executed his plan faster.



Big Pence, Daphne, and Sarah

Grandma, Sarah, and the kids (that little carrier for Daphne was awesome - she loved it)

I loved this picture of Jacob and Spencer - it was at the WWII memorial. If you look closely you can see Spencer is hooked up to Grandma's iPod - it was awesome because he was so quite while he was plugged in.

These are Jacob's little fingers.

It was a week filled with sleeping and playing. Grandma got sick and spent the four days after DC in bed. She finally felt better when she was leaving - lame!! We did get to hit the two dollar theatre the night before she left - 27 dresses was pretty good. I have come to understand that I kind of go into a depressed funk when they all leave, not to mention Khuong and I were crazy tired for like 3 days after they left.

6 comments:

Darin said...

It looks like you guys had fun in DC. Daphne is such a cutie!!

Prouses said...

1. Cute baby
2. I loved Spencer's face plant pic.
3. The Washington memorial pic is precious... His chunky hands are adorable.

Prouses said...

OH, and BTW... Cake batter - Eggs = BRICK!!

DeAnn McWhorter said...

Wow, looks like you guys really had fun! I am sure it was much more fun than watching my kids this weekend. By the way, you are the BEST! Thanks again. Take a nap now!

Kate said...

Fun pictures of your AWESOME fam. Now that they got to play with Daphne, do the boys still want a baby sibling? Looks like you had FUN. If I come to visit you, can we go visit Michelle??

Ms. Kneisly said...

Yeah...I'm always sad when family leaves. But not sad really...you're word funk is better. It is when I eat bad food and watch lots of movies and then I get over it.