Sunday, April 20, 2008

The Smalley Clan

This last week I had the Smalley kids while their parents went house hunting in Utah. We of course had lots of fun, and then there were those moments of intense drama. This is a picture of day one - I should have known that it was a foreshadow of how dirty everyday was going to be. I truely was in awe at how dirty David could get - needless to say baths were mandatory every night. Spencer was mighty dirty before this picture, but he HAD to take a bath because the dirt was bugging him. I should have gotten a picture of the bath water.


This is some of the water fun that we had. I am sure the playset was not intended for this use, but what the heck!! David's white swim truncks will never be the same - sorry Julie. On Saturday the kids were outside for about 8 hours - the weather was really perfect this week. On Sunday it poured - perfect timing.



SLEEPOVER!! I think the defenition of a sleepover is that you all sleep in the same bed. What can I say, most of the nights the four oldest slept in the same bed. They really, really wanted to. We did seperate them one night because they were getting up too early. When the kids are down in the basement playing at 5 am something has to be done. I gave them a rule that they couldn't get out of bed if it wasn't light outside. They managed to stay in bed until 6 am every other morning. Jacob thought it was so cool to tell me "we got up in the middle of the night to play". Poor Becka - she was falling asleep by 9am on the way to the gym.

We ate smoothies I think 4 of the days. We got to create our own - marshmellows, bananas, apples, blackberries, blueberries, rasberries, strawberries (these 4 were frozen), chocolate syrup, oranges (I know - yuck!) milk, and ice cream. The kids were really creative. By the end of the week we ran out of supplies and it was just berries, ice cream and milk. In this picture they are all showing off their berry mustaches.

David did a LOT of eating. Here he is downing a papaya. When it was all gone K said "that kid ate more than half of it." For those of you who went to Ecuador you know what papaya does to you. I had to change a blow out the next day. No more papaya for you David!! My neighbor is in love with this cute boy.

Spencer and Becca being soo cute.


The week is over and Jacob and Spencer cried when they all left. Jacob loved having Sarah to play with. Everyday he would ask "how long until 4pm" - he would aske this several times until Sarah got off the bus. Spencer loved all of the company. I can honestly say that I would have 5 kids in a heartbeat. It was a lot of work, but a lot of fun.

6 comments:

Alyssa said...

fabulous pictures! I'm glad you had so much fun with them!!

Tam said...

I kept thinking I should offer to help out, but it looks like you did a superior job. What a woman!!!

Kate said...

So fun. I think five kids would be a hoot. Is that your awesome swing set? I want one of those. Those kids are all so cute.

Kate said...

One more thing, is it really warm enough to be playing outside in the hose and in swim trunks? I mean, you are in PA, right?

Ms. Kneisly said...

So I am sad to see your kids together without mine in there too. Sad...very sad.

kam said...

DUDE!! i freaking love the face lift. holy crap! it is so awesome! i haven't been here in way too too long. sorry for my distance...i want to get back together. can we? i miss you man. ;)
your kids are freaking beautiful. get them in pictures- moving and print. they could earn you some serious dough and you could pay for their college and missions in two seconds.
love your face-