Wednesday, March 19, 2008

DC



Jackie Joe was down in DC for a convention for work and we went to visit. Did I mention that Jackie is my favorite friend in the whole world!! Her hotel was really close to the Pentagon and had a really good view of the whole Mall/Strip (whatever it is called). Jacob kept getting excited when we would see the Washington Memorial - which was quite a lot. We stayed with her in her hotel and went SWIMMING!! The kids were CRAZY for it!!

Here are the kids and Jackie in the Native American Museum. It was kind of awesome! They opened the museum only for J and her convention - there were like 300 of us. When we walked in they had four men chanting along with beating a drum - it sounded like a pow wow - it was really cool. Then we listened to a speaker had some refreshments and had the run of the place. We got to tag along with J, so we felt like celebrities.



One afternoon the boys and I went to the Natural History Museum - we were there for over 2 hours. Jacob really wanted to go to the Lincoln Memorial but we just didn't have the time. We rode the metro which is an adventure in itself. Of course the dinosaurs were a bit hit. Spencer was really loving the sharks and he kept calling me over to see something really fascinating - like squirrel bones!:) Jacob liked everything but really wanted to see some snakes. There were some snake bones and some live tarantulas that kept him happy. We did not go into the butterfly thing - it was too expensive - I plan on going when it is free. We did get to peek through the window and saw a 5 inch wide butterfly - it looked pretty awesome in there.




We were able to visit the temple - next time J and I will get to do a session. This time we just hung out in the visitors center.



Jacobo and Spencer with Helaman's 2000 sons


Friday night we crashed at the McFad's house and K came down. J left early sat morning. I slept in while the men went to play soccer - they took the boys (Joseph does it every Sat morning - what a treat for Michelle). Michelle had arranged for a babysitter so we all went and did a session. We then ate at Cheesecake Factory which was some serious grub. I of course was a huge pig and helped everyone finish theirs - I had to try it all. We left with cheesecake to go - mine was banana and it was really good, k even liked it. That night Michelle and I left the men to naps and movies while we went to visit Cyndi and Calvin (Brandon) Stanford (some things from the mission will never be forgotten). It was a lot of fun, but we kept her up till 11pm (needless to say we did not make the trip home sat night). All in all an excellent week.

9 comments:

Kate said...

How fun to see all of those sites and all of those people! I don't know why y'all didn't live in the East when WE did. That would have been much more convenient. And happy birthday to the K-man. That's a crazy story about his birthdate. I say LIVE IT UP and have two parties a year.

danielnsoly said...

I sounds like you guys has so much fun! Lucky you! Well, Talk to you soon and have fun next week when you family is there. Oh and by the way your mom's assissnment while she is there is to take pictures of your house and bring them home!

Tam said...

What a fun trip and amusing narration (as are all the other posts of yours that I've read). We were there last weekend as well but I guarantee we didn't know how to have as much fun as it sounds you guys did. Maybe we'll get the hang of it by the time we move. Fun blog. Hope you don't mind me snooping around occasionally:)Tamara

Alyssa said...

Isn't the metro awesome?? You could totally pick up a newspaper and use it as a blanket and take a nap...

Check out my blog!!

Prouses said...

sounds like you guys had a lot of fun... I found the subway in DC a whole lot creepier than NY for some reason. maybe it was the lighting or lack there of :S

Ms. Kneisly said...

I don't miss the weather, but I sure do miss all the cool things to do on the east coast. What fun.

Juls said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Juls said...

Seriously you need to change the color of your font!

Juls said...

looks MUCH better!