Monday, March 3, 2008

LAZY BLOGGER!!!

I think I have won that award - I work hard for my titles. We have been busy it seems, and K doesn't like me to blog when he is home - WORD!! The crazy thing is I am thinking he is going to be home more now. He started family practice today and he LOVED it!! I think his exact words were - "today was such a stress free day" - plus he looked super hot with his fresh hair cut and shirt and tie. I thought I would miss scrubs, but I think not!! He is actually home now, but he is studying in bed next to me - that is fair.

On Presidents Day the Whitaker Center was free to the public. We started the day with some Chucky Cheese and then went on to the Whitaker Center. My neighbor and I must have been feeling a little crazy - we took the other neighbors with us - that is equivalent to 5 extra kids. The 10 of us had a ball. The museum had tons to do that was hands on. It didn't hurt that there were a bunch of college kids there with booths handing out candy if you tried what they were doing. We made silly putty, learned about dung beetles (nice), made a light go on with batteries, built a little thing with marshmallows and sticks, saw human organs etc... By the end of the day I was sooooo tired - the things we do for our kids. They of course wanted to stay longer but I was pooped. Jacob and Spencer loved being with their friends. Jacob's favorite part was the human body - organs, bones etc.. He obviously takes after his daddy. Spencer's favorite part was frosties at Wendy's when it was all over. He obviously takes after me.



This picture is just to show that child labor does have benefits. Look at his attention to detail. He also thought that it was a HUGE treat for him to help - plus he got to do it in his dunt-da-dunts (underwear). Jacob had a turn too, but I didn't pull the camera out in time. It also didn't cost a thing - their reward was they got to play in the bath afterwards.

3 comments:

DeAnn McWhorter said...

finally!

Quinten said...

Hooray for a newsy new post. That science place sounds awesome. And hooray for more time as a complete fam. And don't you know that painting isn't work? I love the reward... a bath. You're the best.

Kate said...

Yeah, that wasn't Q... it was really me. So embarrassing. ;)