Sunday, March 9, 2008

Boring

I went to a women's conference in the community this last Saturday. I liked most of it. I was sitting there watching the ladies from Ghana and Indonesia in native dress, it was at this point that I realized - we dress really, really boring. Their outfits were amazing - so colorful and beautiful, and their head pieces - it was so majestic. They also looked really comfortable, it made me want to wear them too. I don't think it would go over well with anyone. Did I mention that those ladies could get down and boogie, and they were no young chicks. It was actually a nice break - I also really enjoyed the first lecture on our ecological footprint. It really makes me want to get motivated to integrate less waste into my life. Of course another highlight was the native food at the end. Who knew the French were into chocolate covered strawberries and pineapple - more please!



Now on to a subject that is not so boring - this awesome chair. I will eventually put up pics of my bedroom so you can see how it all works together. This is the first NEW piece of furniture I have bought in my married life (I can't remember before that)!! This is reason to celebrate - besides the fact that it is really COOL!! DeAnn found it (of course) and she called me to let me know she had found THE chair for my room. I definitely lean toward a contemporary minimalistic style in my house - and I LOVE IT. Everything else I have gotten used (we are huge craigslist supporters), or free. What can I say other than I am married to Khuong - the most frugal person I know. (Julie you are a really close 2ND - but I don't live with you:)) Khuong really didn't understand the need for the chair (there really wasn't one - technically) but he supported me anyways.

Today we had ward conference - I felt like I was running a race (it is all mental I am sure). Even after it all I had to force myself to drive calm and decompress, there was no need to be rushed. How can one day be so stressful - it all boils down to mtgs before and after, and kids - it was CRAZY!! The primary kids were asked to sing - it was last minute. Jacob went up, but pretty much refused to sing, he made it very clear he was not enjoying it. Squishing his face between his hands and scowling let everyone know. Spencer sang, it was so cute to watch his little lips and face. I of course got some comments on Jacob's attitude - I should be happy that people thought it was funny. He was in a fine mood - he just didn't want to sing.

Yesterday we bought our tickets to CA for Christmas!! I know a little early, but WE ARE GOING!! Now I just have to figure out how to pay for it? Maybe I should sell the chair j/k.

4 comments:

Kate said...

That chair is awesome. Love it. The only "new" furniture we have is cheap stuff from IKEA... but my boys got new furniture in their room that I love. Maybe someday I'll be able to buy real furniture too. Q is worse than frugal... so who knows if we'll EVER get anything nice. :)
Yay for CA for Christmas. We may just have to come and visit. We don't have Christmas plans yet.

Sarah said...

Welcome to the "green" side :)

DeAnn McWhorter said...

Ok Lauren, I am offended that I wasn't listed as the most frugal person you know...JUST KIDDING! I know I am not frugal I am frivilous and I like it that way! AND no selling the chair!!!!!!!!! Your house is looking awesome. You work your rear off though. I am so amazed at how far it has come. I don't want it to look too good because I have a selfish desire for it to not sell for atleast two years so that you have to stay here with me! Hope you have a great time in DC cooking quessadilas (SP??) on a skillet in a hotel room-it will be awesome!

danielnsoly said...

From Daniel...Listen Butthole by the power invested in me, your brother, I demand the pictures of all the rooms in your house to be taken at my request. If this demand is not satisfied in a timely manner, Mr. Pingita will dominate the pridelands that you call home.
ps. Mr Pingita enjoys sleeping and peeing...among other things.