Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Happy Mother's Day Week

Well I would probably not be posting... but a good friend (Jenea) was visiting another good friend (Julie) in Utah this past weekend. Julie told Jenea I was a blogging "SLACKER" - what the heck woman. Now I am going to blog to be labeled "UNSLACKER" for a day.

I have to blog about junk that happened in my life so I will blog about the awesome Mother's Day Week I had. My own amazingly cool mom was here the whole week before Mother's Day - that is why it was a freakinfantabulousweek. We ate out - way too much - we saw movies - and we read books. We did absolutely nothing productive - I really mean absolutely NOTHING she even gave me dirty looks when I told her she had to make her bed.

We did go to Mother's Day Tea at J's school. It was nice - J was crazy to really show that he can act up when mom and grandma are around. His poem did say I was cool - but it also said I like TV.. DANG YOU J - I don't even have bunny ears to get lame channels like PBS. I will admit that I like to watch movies at night - but couldn't he have said my mom likes to READ - honestly!! At least he didn't say I was fat or something (totally not TRUE)!

Then on Friday K took piddle and diddle (J&S) to fathers and sons. Actually he and two other dads made their own fathers and sons because they didn't want to drive 3.5 hrs to get to the real one. 6 boys, 7 and under made for good times. They did s'mores, played soccer, went on a hike, and did this GPS find the treasure thing. The box they found was full of girly treasure - needless to say they didn't feel the need to take anything and replace it with something of their own.

The boys swinging on a vine..



The sad ladies left at home had to find something to do - so we ate out, watched a movie, came home to watch a movie, and woke up to eat breakfast at the Hershey Pantry (sooo good). Are you detecting a pattern? Then I put the old lady back on a plane for CA and I had a couple of hours till the boys got home. In those hours Sandra came over and we went for HUGE sodas at Turkey Hill - NICE!!

The real Mother's Day was the day to end the week of slothfulness - and as always K delivered. I came home from church to the boys giving me a catalogue (a card showing what I could buy at K's Secret Store) and money with their faces on it. K's Secret Store had 2 chocolate roses and a pack of SNOWBALLS that I could buy. (SNOWBALLS ROCK - hostess cakes covered in marshmallows and coconut) He even threw in some flowers. After that exciting shopping my day was filled with napping and reading. Serious - I read the whole latest Fablehaven book - it was so CRAZY GOOD!! I did take a break to eat the amazing meal K prepared. The amazing thing about it was that he prepared it using the 3 ingredients that were in my refrigerator - I REALLY needed to go to the store!!
The day ended with stuffed bellies attacking. The boys were leading but I know it was the big K mans idea. They came and found me with their large bellies and squished me - then they began to kiss me like crazy. It was quite comical when the littlest belly stuffer of all, couldn't really get his belly in the action; so he was content with kissing my hand that was outside of all the commotion.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That belly squishing is hilarious. And I love the pics of them swinging on vines. Too cute!
Oh, and you're right about what Jaden said. Do little boys talk about anything else?

Tam said...

Love it. You guys are so clever and fun. I'm glad you were chastized for your lack of blogging because I love reading your posts and seeing the pictures.

danielnsoly said...

wow today is the day of slackers becoming unslacks. you and sarah posted today! good for you. sounds like you guys had a great time. We cant wait for you guys to come! Baby D made me mark in on the calander and he comes home from school and cross out day. He misses the boys like crazy

Crazy Jen said...

I have to agree with Julie, you are a blog slacker. But, I don't think I am much better. It sounds like you had a nice mother's day. It is nice to have one day where your kids and husband treat you like a queen. I, too, did nothing on Mother's day but relax, watch t.v., read, etc. Christian even gave me permission to be bossy all day!

mhhigbees said...

I am glad you had an awesome Mother's day. Congrats on getting to go back to Cali. The boys looked like they had lots of fun camping.

Czirr Family said...

oh my gosh!!! you lady know how to have a fun fun mother's day!!!...good for you!!!...your husband is amazing!!!...my shanshito too!!!.
I have to agree with Julie's comment...but you've been forgiven woman!...Hey i read your post on my blog...pero por sup[uesto que tienes que venir a Utah!!!...now that julie and me live just 1 second apart!!!...it has been so fun to be right by her...we already started our "swap dating sitting!!! its awsome!...well keep us inform about your life and don't get lazy woman!
please can somebody email me aline and jen's blogs thanks...i lost them.

Juls said...

Yeah! I clicked on your post today with hope in my heart...and it was due to my calling you a slacker...hey whatever works. Loved the post, and the latest Fablehaven book and the Hershey Pantry. If you check my blog you will see how far Aaron got on his father's and sons outing (and he has to put up with a lot more girls)

Talk about slacker friend...HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Totally lame, I don't remember your phone # and was not good enough to write it down! Hope your birthday was just as great as your awesome Mothers day.

I thought of you the other night when we were at the school skate night because they played the final spin song. I had a moment of silence and thought of all the fun we had in that class ...sigh... Hope you are still rocking that class without me. I also think of you when I do my 2 minutes of pilates a day :) yes, 2 minutes not 60 haha