Wednesday, May 27, 2009

New York

I got called a SLACKER again - this time by Jen who blogs less than me!! LAME-O, she may use the excuse of pregnancy or working 60 hour weeks - I don't want to hear ANY OF IT!! I will forgive since I got to chill with her a bit last Friday night.


I got to spend the last two weekends in New York - it was AMAZING!! The first weekend was without the kids - enough said. I got to just chill with an old friend Olivia. She is the queen of knowing the best, I mean the BEST, little bakery's in NY. I ate two chocolate chocolate cookies that were each over an inch thick and four inches in diameter. In my defense it took me a whole day to eat the first one. The second one I ate on the train ride home - it was delayed 3.5 hours because the train in front of us hit someone. So I didn't mean to eat the whole thing - it was due to unforeseen circumstances!! She did make me walk like 40 miles in the 2.5 days I was there - so the cookies couldn't have been that bad. My favorite part was walking over the Brooklyn Bridge - awesome!! Weird to say about a bridge but true..



Before the NY trips there was crazy hair day at J's school.. His hair was really long so it could be really crazy - he loves to have it spiked. I told K to make sure they had a bath at least before church. I got home to dirty kids - which who really cares - but the red hair. J still had pink tinted hair and a red scalp. Someone at church noticed it and thought maybe J's head was bleeding - nope just left over paint.




The next weekend was a family trip. It was excellent family time. You know it was a good vacation when at the end of every night, the boys were complaining that their legs were hurting. We did Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty first. J said that was his favorite part - I wish we could have done the audio tour - but kids can only handle so much. We hit the Empire State Building after that - at J's request. Of course we didn't pay to go up to the top. On the way home S was obsessed with finding a SpongeBob Popsicle that we saw earlier in the day. He informed me that if I didn't find one he was going to whine all night. TURD!! He settled for tic tacs - who knows. We spent the next day in Central Park - the zoo and then the park. The park is beautiful and K loved it. Those huge rocks provided ample climbing time and I took a NAP!! That is right - it is totally normal - i mean if people can hang around shirtless or snuggling or making out - I can take a nap. There were two ladies next to me who had the same idea. We finished the day playing soccer - for like 3 hours. In the end J and I figured out how to shut out K, and we perfected our celebratory hand slap, complete with sound effects.





SpongeBob Popsicles - FINALLY!!





We came home the next day in time for swimming, more soccer, and a BBQ at the neighbors. All in all a rockin weekend. I almost forgot about the fireworks - in CA we watch fireworks on the 4th - maybe. Here we do fireworks on every occasion possible and there are no such things as fire hazards - as long as you don't do them in your house you are safe.



5 comments:

Czirr Family said...

thar was awsome!. I never went to N.York during our time in the East..and I totally regrated!. That looks a fun fun trip!!!

Crazy Jen said...

Nice blogging! I enjoyed our visit on Friday night and was glad that you came over. You are soooo funny and make me laugh a lot - which is not a good idea when I am pregnant, you know with the weak bladder and all. Denise and Julie think you are awesome and Julie is happy that you are going to be at Girls Camp. I hope you have a blast. Don't forget to blog about it afterwards!!!!

Gotolson said...

I'm so jealous! I would love to tour New York. My dad had a flight there a couple of years ago and spent a week just touring and seeing everything, he said it was great. That would be awesome to see all the historic sights!

Prouses said...

HotDang!!! Fireworks! Niice! I got to say That is some cool hair your kid's got. And since I was so jealous of your trip to NY, I made Dw promise that we we'll go to NY for our anniversary in October... It will be 10 years... We deserve it :D
Our visit to pa was really nice... it just stunk that Bella was sick the entire time, but Joshua and I still made it to Hershey park! HOLLA!
I loved meeting up with my girls and I can't wait till next year. Hey since you guys will be making the big bucks by then, you can come out and join us... wherever we decide we're going!! As far as being 30 and traumatized... not really... I am saving all of the drama, I mean trauma, for when I am 40 :D

Juls said...

It looks like you had a great time! Also, it looks like you chickened out on parking in the city, don't say that I blame you, I hate driving in the city! I love walking over the Brooklyn Bridge. That was my brother's view when he lived in Lower Manhattan.