Sunday, May 31, 2009

Again!

Man I am getting good at this blogging. I was thinking today that we have been enjoying wonderful weather. Mostly because we have cold weeks still and days of PERFECT weather. I know it will all end soon and my life will be a sticky hell. Seriously sticky - who likes humidity anyways? I will enjoy the perfection until it ends.

J has some SERIOUS lip issues. He gets cold sores like mad. He just had one last week on his lower lip - then this MONSTER busted out. This is the biggest one I have ever seen on J. It actually got bigger than in the pic and then while he was playing out back it got so big it had to pop. His lip is on the mend but he will have these beasts for life.



Weekends are always good - we got our little pathetic garden in thanks to K. I am a total slacker without Julie here to help me be motivated. He weeded and got it all ready while I mowed the lawn. A good deal any day. While the clearing was being done with 5 willing kids to help - they found 3 baby rabbits. We had to move them and they are probably going to die. We did dig a hole and put all the fur and junk in the hole with them so hopefully the mom can smell them out. I am doubting she will want anything to do with them after we handled them. Last year when pruning/hacking to death a bush we moved a Robin's nest with those beautiful eggs. The boys just couldn't keep their curiosity down and eventually knocked the nest down - I am wondering if that will happen with the rabbits.





Here is a pic of the - word to your mother - chair I reupholstered. Of course I didn't think of this on my own. Miss ever rockin DeAnn got the idea. I found 3 chairs at a thrift store upholstered in yellow vinyl or something hideous. DeAnn of course picked my fabric and hers and we went to work. Hers looks amazing too - it is a black and white fabric - she will post it one day. It makes me want to do another one.



8 comments:

Alyssa said...

Holy Cow, you're on a blogging ROLL lady! I love the bunny pics and your chair! I saw DeAnn's and they are awesome too! You guys are good!

Crazy Jen said...

Wow! I guess calling you a slacker works!! You know, if the mother rabbit doesn't come back you should talk to Denise about what to do with the baby rabbits. She has taken care of so many baby animals, she would definitely know what to do. Nice Chair! You did a great job.

Juls said...

I love reading your blog! Those bunnies are too cute. If it makes you feel any better I haven't planted a garden because I haven't built boxes yet (although I do think that I am going to weasel my way into my neighbors unused boxes!) You don't make me miss the sticky mess of PA! Enjoy the cool weather while it is here!

Prouses said...

Oh my goodness L! I used to get those massive lip invaders when I was a kid too all the time, but as I've gotten older I rarely get them anymore... I can't remember the last time I had one. My grandmother used to say I got them b/c I played with dirt too much. I was always covered in a healthy coat of earth...(ripped that one from the AVATAR) I wonder if she was right. I haven't played in dirt recently either.
BTW, that chair is so nice. You and DeAnn are both so cute with your little projects. Are you turning Molly on me or something?? LOL

Prouses said...

BTW, those bunnies are so gross looking...

Czirr Family said...

those rabbit are cute...please save them!!!!...mimi is asking.
The only thing I don't miss from PA is the stiky weather...I'm loving it here for the summer even though my hands are super hiper dry ...nothing is perfect, oh well! You girl should go on those shows about making things yourself...YOUR OWN SHOW!!!...you and DeAnn together teaching the rest of the world!!!..hahahaa
you guys did really nice job!..I'm still trying to finish or better to say star to repainting my bed furniture...someday!...but I did my garden already! I beat JULIE!!! haha

DeAnn McWhorter said...

MURDERERS!

Jenea Fultz said...

Holy Cow Lady! Nice Chair! Teach me when I have a house and a husband ok? And man you're quite the blogger now...a little prideful are you? if thats the word...