Or you could just say Frugality = K!
I want to do this post because I am in the mood for blogging - and I think it is a good factual tidbit of K. These pictures are so good at depicting a great quality of his - being frugal! (I will admit he is a little crazy sometimes and really cheap too!!) I have decided that I really like these qualities - mostly because he doesn't really expect it out of me.
This is what I made him for Christmas - this was his only gift from me, and he loves it and uses it everyday. Socks full of rice - he pops them into the microwave in the morning and then into his pockets to keep warm. They can also be used as nunchucks or projectile weapons if in danger.
Here are the shoes his brother bought for him when he came home from his mission - 10.5 yrs ago. He has worn them for a LONG time. I finally convinced him that it was "time" to cast off the old because they were going to start giving him back problems or something. I think he is having a little throw away remorse, but tough crap!! He has had new ones his brother-in-law gave him over 3 years ago sitting and waiting. Now it is there turn to shine!!
10 comments:
I'm married to one of those too!
But I'm pretty sure those aren't "doctor" shoes. I mean, come on! Those are embarrassing. ;)
I think the sock/rice warmers are a great idea.
OH Lauren... You are hilarious!! Rice in socks... HAHAHAH... and the look of total excitement on his face is priceless... How freakin' funny!
You Cheapo you!!!
those socks rock. i am sooo copying.
LOVE the post! I think I have spent more money the last 6 months then in my whole life!
I really like the rice socks. Hey they can even double as a week supply of food too. If ever he was stranded and needed some nourishment...there you have it! I am sure K would eat it uncooked if needs be.
Wow how you will you top the rice socks next year?
You should begin plotting now.
That is a great idea for food store space saving! haha! I love the look on his face!..lauren you are sooooooo funny and cheap...I though that Julie and me were cheap ...but you guys won the best cheap of the year!...come on change those shoes!
Lauren! You are way too funny! What a great idea... socks and rice plus microwave equals warm and toasty hands! love it! i'd love to see them used as nun chucks. Those shoes are a crack up! now he has the picture to remember them ALWAYS!!! =)
Wow! What a funny picture! Is being frugal an asian quality? If so, I missed the boat somewhere because frugal I'm not. I really had no idea rice could keep you warm. I will have to remember that one for when I am around my biological family. They would probably have a good laugh.
I knew it was bad...but really? Those shoes look like they served 6 missions!! ;)
i admire the frugality, but the shoes... wow. w. o. w. WOW.
Post a Comment