Saturday, January 10, 2009

SATURDAY

Saturday is the day where I like to do nothing - no really. We used to have projects to do every Saturday - no more because I am lazy. We will be starting projects very soon - and we will no doubt run out of time to finish all we should do.

This Saturday was the kind I don't really like - J started soccer. I had been delaying the inevitable of boys and sports - when I called to register him they said "wow where has he been hiding"!! He IS NOT THAT OLD!! But in the world of sports his late start has forever banned him from professional sports (not that his size would allow it). I am sad to say I am a loud mom, I tried to keep it all in. I even took a book to read - but the first minute in I knew I couldn't. Then I started to get all excited and LOUD!! They were all positive remarks or suggestions - but DANG I couldn't control myself. Maybe next game.




After the game/scrimmage we headed off to visit K at the farm show. I don't get the big whoop about the farm show but maybe it is because I am from CA. It smells - really bad- only when you are anywhere near the cows. It smells so bad the smell sticks in your nose so 4 hours later when you are eating a taco bell salad the cow smell may come back full force, and you feel like you are eating cow dung. Last year I visited the animals first and could not bring myself to eat afterwards. Today we started with the food. Fries, potato, potato donuts, chocolate shake, and ice cream. The PAins are proud of their potatoes and dairy!! The shake was good, but every once in a while it tasted a little like cow. The potato donuts were actually really good.



We did get to see a chick hatch - from first crack of the egg to first attempts at walking. Poor guy was really tired after all the effort to get out. We also saw an awesome chicken that J said looked like a rockstar!! I concur.




Then we had some bath time to get all the stink off.



8 comments:

Jackie Jo said...

I concur about farm animals...I go to the Shawano Fair every year because my realtives live there and man it reeks...I cannot stand the smell. I could never live on a farm...and the animals are much cuter as cartoons than in real life!

Czirr Family said...

We went last year. I still remember the smell! haha. But it was really fun I loved the weird chickens, the huge rabbits that they looked like a dog! the were huge!. It was fun. You have to go to ...at least ones...the dog's show it was really fun for the girls! And even for me.

Juls said...

PU I can still smell the farm show! Great pictures!

Tam said...

we went last year, i had forgetten about the smell until i read this post, it stuck to everything- the stroller, our clothes, hair, shoes, diaper bag, then of course it followed us home. fun though (the show, not the stink), maybe we'll brave this freaking cold weather and go.

Prouses said...

OH the farm show... I gained 3 lbs. just reading your post about the food. Gotta love it though. fried food and cow dung!
You know... I was a total Psycho mom when i signed Joshua up for indoor soccer. I kept yelling from the side, pay attention, watch the ball, run, josh, run... It was AWFUL!! My poor child.
**I signed him up for outdoor soccer starting in March... LOL poor kid.

Meghan said...

Maybe J can talk to Isaac about the whole soccer thing! Isaac is just not interested!

Juls said...

Oh I didn't even comment on your loud soccer mom voice. That just cracks me up! you are not competitive in the least! HAHA.

My dad was the same way. We would be listening to my brothers base ball games on the radio and we could hear my dad's booming voice!

Darin said...

I suprised myself with how much I yelled at soccer games. It's just hard not to get so excited! I heard the same thing with waiting so long to sign my kids up. Everyone else had been playing for a few years. Crazy!