Wednesday, January 7, 2009

WOW it's been a while

California was AWESOME!! I mean really 16 days of crazy crazy fun!! Some highlights were K's interview in King City - it was perfect and we were kid free for 3 days. We saw Wicked which was of course wicked. K got to go snowboarding and I got to do some projects with my mom. Kamee took some pics of all the kids that are not yet out - some pics will be on her blog in a couple of days - there is one up now on kamandfam.blogspot.com! We got to kick it with K's fam and mine - tons, and I got to see some old friends!! We did too much to write it all down but we miss everyone and can't wait for our next visit. Celebrating Christmas three times in CA and once in PA wasn't bad either.

Jacob cried for over an hour when we told him we would be leaving soon - I actually thought he was going to barf it was so bad!! Jacob was crying and was buckled in the car when Isaac his cousin who is 6 months older came out crying for a last hug. Spencer said calmly and a little confused, "I already got a hug" While Jacob and Isaac were hugging Roxie came out for a hug too and started to cry. Spencer calmly said "now there are three of them crying!" Spencer is so unaffected - he must be my child!! Jacob had already been crying for a while in the pic of our families below.

I wanted to blog about the day after Thanksgiving when we went to an Amish farm to spend the night with some friends - it was a lot of fun. Here are pics of the kids milking the cow - and let me tell you Spencer wanted to have none of it. His response was "that's gross and no way!!" The lady convinced him to try it.






I have to blog our tithing settlement experience because that cute kid above was at his best. He was a little wild - you know being in the church building for 4 hours straight can make anyone crack. Before we started the Bishop was making small talk here is a dialogue of tithing settlement:
B: S are you going to be good next year?
S: NEVER!!
time lapses
S: You have a big nose!! (notice S was not being addressed by B - it just came out of the blue)Parent: Please don't say that it is not nice.
B: pause, yeah
time lapses
S: You have a BIG nose!!
B: pause yeah, we are trying to convince my son he has one too
time lapses
B: are you a full tithe payer S
S: NO!!
Parents: Lets get the heck out of here!! Bishop is awesome and Spencer thinks he is a comedian!


6 comments:

Kate said...

Yay! Thanks for an update. How fun for you guys to be in CA for so long. The pics Kam took turned out so great. What a great looking bunch of kiddos. Hope you are well.

Meghan said...

WE MISS YOU SOOOO MUCH!

Prouses said...

Well FINALLY :) I thought you had given up the blog thing.

Those pics of Spencer and Jacob milking the cow are so funny. Spencer looks totally grossed out.. HA HA

Juls said...

It is great to see you again! you should for sure do the mini mini thing...you almost had me beat! Just a little more training this year and I think you could totally rock it!

Ms. Kneisly said...

I love your Bishops interview.

Probably the funniest I've ever heard of.

Jackie Jo said...

Sooooooooooooo cute. Sure am glad you gave me the highly secret address to your blog so I could enjoy the cuteness!