We've all had them. I think sometimes my life is really brought back into perspective. I sometimes have bad days - some reasons for such an event might be:
1 - going to the gym :) jk but I might suffer at the gym more than I wanted to
2 - my children might whine or fight a little to much, you know the whole he touched me thing
3 - just cause
Sometimes I get a little stressed out with things like plumbing problems, or I think about school debt, or I think about work that needs to be done on the house, etc.. Mostly I just have to decide what's for dinner; besides the rice part :).
This whole last month Khuong has been at Hershey Medical (a different hospital than normal) doing SICU (surgery ICU). It was a fairly nice month. Today he went back to CGOH (normal hospital) and what a welcome he had. He forgot his pager and didn't realize he forgot it until like 3 pm (he was in surgery all day before that). I guess a surgery consult came into the er and khuong was paged a couple of times. He did not respond so the er doctor called the head honcho - I mean the head over all of general surgery (for khuong there is not a bigger man). He was called while he was in the operating room performing surgery. He got SUPER TICKED to put it mildly. Khuong said he heard he threw an instrument in the OR - so he called the chief resident and chewed him out. The chief then conducted a search and destroy mission aimed at khuong of course. Anyways, WELCOME BACK KHUONG!! I told him he should have been a dentist - he is starting to agree with me.. His bad days always make mine look amazing!! I don't know how he does it - but I am confident that he will be one of the nicest surgeons ever. I am so blessed to be able to stay home and pretty much do what I want. All because Khuong works like a dog on crack. Khuong you are my HERO!! We all love you!!
FYI - one good thing that came out of this was I got to take Khuong his pager. My neighbor had the kids so we had dinner at the hospital together. That makes for an excellent meal. During our conversation Khuong said - "I don't know what I would do without you Lauren" then he laughed and said "I would probably be drinking" isn't that the sweetest thing you ever heard.. hahaha Got to love that man..
Thursday, November 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
OH man HOW do they do it! Your;s has it much worse then mine and I complain! It sure make a complaining kid more tolerable.
Poor Khoung! I know bad days are the worst, but, it just makes the good ones that much better! After the rain comes the rainbow..and all that crap!
DUDE- You have been holding out on me. Why did you just reveal your blog to me today? You are going on my good reads list right now! This is so exciting! YOUR BOYS ARE STINKIN' CUTE! Maximize their good looks and earn their college tutition: get them into modeling. ;)xoxo kam
yo-- how come you've been holding out on all of us??? you sneaky little devil. by the way, i'd like to take a little credit for this recent reunion of hermanas in blogland. :) and i love you all.
You are so stinking funny!!! I love the "dog on crack" description... so nice... I miss your guts... when are you and khuong going to come to nyc for a nice romantic getaway... I'll take your kids and you guys can eat vietnamese food that somebody else makes:)
Lauren- I tagged you! Go to my blog if you want to play! ;)
Thanks for visiting for reals - Ecuador ladies rock. Wouldn't it be funny to see a dog on crack. Kate gets all the credit - I will do the tag in a bit - NYC is on my list of to do.. Vietnamese food - we have been missing decent Pho..
Post a Comment