Monday, October 29, 2007

Primary Program

Sunday was our primary program. I had two videos of what should have happened but I am not smarter than the blog and they won't load and show. What makes my life exciting, I guess, is that the boys did not perform even though they had their parts memorized weeks in advance. Jacob had his teacher help him with his part and it was as if he was licking the mic- you really couldn't understand anything he said. Spencer got up there - shook his head no and walked down. It of course did not end there. I could see Spencer sitting up there leaning on the railing/pulpit. He was pushing away and saying very adamantly, "STOP IT" to the little girl next to him, whose arm was obviously in his space. His face was in between the look of anger and disgust - it really was quite funny. I don't think he sang one song. Jacob was occasionally singing with most of the time being dedicated to the removing of his ring, silly face making, and a little swaying and dancing to the music. Next year I expect to receive a letter saying - "I regret to inform you, but your children will not be needed in the program this year" .. They should just be thought of as comic relief. At least 5 people sought me out to tell me that my boys were hilarious. The bishops wife said "my son and I got quite a few laughs out of your boys - and I don't think it will be forever that your son pushes girls away like that" I must admit when Spencer got up there and looked at everyone straight faced shaking his head no I too could not help laughing. I love those boys and look forward to their next performance. Opps I almost forgot they were so cute!!

2 comments:

Juls said...

Aaron was impressed that Spencer didn't whack her across the head. She was really milking it for all it was worth! HAHA I was laughing too. They are cute though...you have to admit they are CUTE!

Jackie Jo said...

I wish I could have seen it! We had our primary program and one of our kids fell flat on his face on the way to the podium...tragic for a 10 year old. Even more tragic for us as the presidency when the entire primary starting laughing uncontrollably...what a spirit killer. Don't even get me started!