Tuesday, November 27, 2007

We miss grandma




I wonder what Jacob is thinking?

Well I guess Thanksgiving is over. It went by to fast - my mom was visiting from Cali and we had a ton of fun. Doing what you say? I don't know..:) It snowed the day before she got here - Jacob was so excited - he was literally jumping up and down. Seeing it through the window wasn't enough, he had to go outside to see it. He called grandma to let her know and then made her a card telling her. Excited much?

Grandma coming back with Pence after taking Jacob to the bus stop

Having fun with my mom is easy - it could be as easy as talking - A LOT.. The boys would ask when we were going to be done talking (we would sneak onto my bed and talk). Spencer would come and find us to let us know we were "talking for a long time". We rented movies of course. We watched Transformers (my 3rd time and I still love it - I am in love with Optimus Prime - weird I know). We watched Wild Hogs, TMNT (teenage mutant ninja turtles - my 2ND time and I love it too), and Nicholas Nickleby (it was good and sad - Dickens). We put up the fake awesome tree -it was all free except for 1 strand of lights I bought (I am cheap - I am not saying it looks amazing, but beautiful to me). We went shopping a little, decorated cookies, played games, etc.. Moms are awesome!!! Khuong was on call Thanksgiving day, but he was home by 4pm and didn't get anymore calls, and he had Friday and Sunday off - excellent. As we were saying goodbye to mom we wanted to know when she would be returning, she couldn't say. She is probably tired, poor grandma - every morning in her bed were 2 extra little people.

This is why my mom loved to lay in my bed and talk. When you are laying in my bed this is your view. We have a window seat under it where Khuong likes to lay down and study, aka sleep.:)

2 comments:

kam said...

Lauren- are those moon boots on your boys? ;) Sounds like such a great time with your mom. I'm so glad you were able to visit? When are you coming our way again? Congrats on the decorations and the purchase of one strand of lights. I'm sure it is all beautiful!! xoxo Kam
p.s. I told Cindy to start one of these. She laughed at me like I was crazy. ;)

Author said...

Your boys are adorable and your mom looks great and i love your guts and your hilarious, amazing brain and mothering.