We have all been there - livin on a tight budget. I have decided that it really makes you do CRAZY things. Here is the provider of my family up in a tree we are trimming. You ask why it wasn't me up there - obviously I am the rational choice since I can stand to break something. (I am confident that Pence and Jacob would be awesome nurses) The reason I wasn't up there is... hmmm... it would really mess up my hair?! The lumberjack in the lower corner is my neighbor - he convinces us we can do it, then he helps.
These pictures are from Jacobs school skating party. He did quite well for his first time. If you must know the truth we totally ditched him for a while to go out and be back in Cali when we were 17. Khuong, Seng (an old "friend"), Spencer (brother), and I used to go out at night rollerblading. We did some insane things, I am surprised we didn't hurt ourselves. Khuong did break his collarbone like a month before the MTC being crazy on blades - that should tell you I am the better skater (or the bigger chicken - you decide) :) Don't feel bad for Jacob we ditched him but left him with fries - he was tired of falling anyways.
Interesting part of the night was the squirrel that felt left out. He too wanted to skate - so he ran in from the cold to dance to the beat of "solider boy", too bad he got a little freaked with all the screaming. He tried to rest under some arcade games, but in the end the beat got to him again and he came out to dance on the floor. He danced right by Jacob and I (between another moms skates), until the ref with the big dice, used the dice to push him out the emergency exit. Oh the excitement.
The last bit of fun of the night was the race. 13 years old and up, including moms, I could not resist. PATHETIC - really I could have lapped everyone (OK there were only 3 in the race). I couldn't bring myself to beat them - although the "free slurpee prize" made me think twice. Khuong agreed with my polite gaming, but my neighbor was disappointed that I didn't crush them. Maybe next time!! I really had to much fun - and let me tell you skating is definitely a cardio activity.
1 comment:
A squirrel ran in? Hilarious!
Post a Comment