Monday, January 4, 2010

What you could do with some AWESOME snow!!

About 2 weeks ago we got the BEST snow I have ever seen here in PA. PA just had to prove me wrong - I am always complaining that it is just lousy ice we get. I have gladly been proven wrong!!

Here are some things my boys decided to do with the snow. Traditional snow ball fight.


Not as traditional - but more fun probably. A type of human bowling - the sled and person are the ball - and the rest are the pins. The pins are usually cooperative and get in the way of the sled.
A STRIKE of course - these are the days you need lots of kids that are your own and can't sue you for broken bones.
You could fill a sled up with snow and ambush the person coming down the hill with it. Look closely the J man is under the falling fluff.

Pile all your own kids (liability reasons again) on the sled with you and see how fast you can go into the side of the apartment building.

Just plain dog piling!

There also is the science project - snow volcano.

Our Christmas this last year in PA was spent the absolute best way it could have been. Just us in the apartment ALL DAY - never even considering getting out of our pj's. I do believe this was by far S's favorite gift - he has been carrying it around for a week now. Oh the joys of silly putty. He has been waiting for a year to get his silly putty privileges back (he lost them after a huge chunk had to be cut out of his hair - by his preschool teacher! He showed up to school with the chunk in his hair. I didn't take him to school that day so I am innocent of all parental neglect).


The most popular gifts were of course TRANSFORMERS!! That is what K did all Christmas day - transformed, transformed, and transformed. I took a nap!! We ended the night with TACOS!! I know how weird - but don't forget we have taco blood in us. It is what the boys wanted for dinner and that is what they GOT! To end the night on a high there were marshmallow wars. So CRAZY!! Grandma sent marshmallow guns and K was a master!! He was taking everyone out.

The picture below is no ordinary gun - k modified it by taking pieces from all three of their guns. He loaded it up and took fire at the boys. You can see some of them flying through the air. They were smart to cover up their faces. I really think K enjoyed the game more than the boys.
It is crazy that 2009 is over! Bring on the fun 2010!!








5 comments:

Gotolson said...

Looks like you had a blast on Christmas! Jude got some transformers too, but they are WAY too complicated for me, so they are just a dad and son toy. So when is this little Girl due? You better come see me sometime, especially if you are in N Cali! Happy New Year!

Kate said...

That's some serious snow. I can't say that I miss snow at all. I am glad to live far away from it. :) How are you feeling? Are you feeling ready 'cause I'm certainly not. Too much to do. Not enough energy. Talk to you later.

Bonnie said...

So I am a DORK! And I am not great at the computer & for some reason it took me this long to find your blog! Your boys are freaking cute! And expecting a girl! Woohoo! We have 3 January bdays - 14th, 21st, & 26th, so pretty goods odds on your girl coming one of those days! I am so glad you commented on my blog so I could finally link to yours! So now I will checking in on you!

Meghan said...

LOVE the pictures! We miss you!

Prouses said...

I think i want to join your family. You guys just know, and have waaaayy too much fun! Thanks btw for coming out to King of Prussia. It made me so HAPPY! ;)