Wednesday, December 16, 2009

We had a birthday!!

Well the S-man turned 6!! I think he was really excited about it!! He looks a little scared in this picture. I think it is because of the six flames he is afraid will catch his face on fire. He wanted a chocolate Transformer cake - 1/2 Decepticon, 1/2 Autobot. I got some white icing and handed it to the K-man. Looks pretty good if you ask me - it has given the J-man a lot of CRAZY ideas of what his Transformer cake will look like. (If you haven't guessed - we are having a Transformer Christmas)
Doesn't the icing hanging off S-man's nose look yummy?
Well if you must know the extent of my pigness here it is. After we all had a piece I said to K "You know if we don't get rid of this cake, I will eat it all in the next few days - all by myself. We have to just throw it away." At this point in the conversation we switched over to Spanish because K had other ideas for the cake. I was worried it might make someone cry - but by doing it to both of the boys we avoided that problem. An excuse was made that I needed another picture of them biting the cake and K did his job flawlessly! I mean look at S-man's head - you can only see his hair - so cool!!

J made sure there was no crying - it was instant, crazy, loud laughter. J-man fell off his stool and was literally rolling on the ground busting up.

In fact he told me he wants this to be his Star of the Week picture. I mean what boy wouldn't want this picture in the halls of his school to be his representation.

These are the sad shoes that had to be retired. We were actually in NYC for the week of Thanksgiving with my whole family (except Dan and fam). I am guilty of not taking one picture - so lame! My SIL's had their cameras so there is photo representation somewhere in the country. These are the shoes my brother looked at on the crowded subway and said to me, loudly "what does their dad do for a living?!" As if profession should influence shoe buying - but I do agree they were in need of new shoes. In fact I got so much CRAP for it in NY that within days of returning they got new shoes. (In my defense I HATE TO SHOP!) People were even texting me to make sure they got new shoes - it is done, and they are happy. Our NY trip was AWESOME!! I thought it was going to be quite painful - 13 people in a 2 bedroom apt - but it was perfect. We did tons of traveling and EATING!! There are some seriously grubbing cookie, cupcake, restaurants there. We did the Martha Stewart show (FREAKINFANTABULOUS!!) I felt like I had been on a roller coaster by the end - I was exhausted from being so enthusiastic. We did the Rockettes show and went backstage afterwards because I have a SIL with connections. We did the Macy parade balloon blowing up event, the Museum of Natural History, soccer in central park, and some more eating. I even was successful in getting k a whole duck in Chinatown that he said was the best. He ate it for 2 weeks. I am sure I have forgotten some big events but I am old and pregnant.

We are in a tiny apartment until we move - and knowing my laziness and grinchness - I refused to put up a tree. Instead we taped a paper one up and decorated it. You may be asking yourself - why is there a big black goblin in the middle of the tree? I think the answer "he's a boy!" answers that question sufficiently.
We got some snow!!! The boys were stoked - and out there maximizing their snowman building time. I stayed inside and watched them warmly through a window.

Here is a prego picture that some have been wanting to see. I made my friend take it at her house, and if you are not satisfied - TOUGH CRAP!! I don't know if it shows the belly enough, but it does show that my clothes are too tight. I am huge -this was taken today 33 weeks and counting. Although at my appointment on Monday they said they would most likely induce Jan 27th if she doesn't come earlier (yeah right - they NEVER come early). I get another ultrasound in Jan to determine size - if the little lady is too big she may come even earlier. Just 6 weeks to go!!! I should really get on choosing a name - any suggestions are welcome. Quick story for my memory. The other night K was laying down with the boys and I was in the other room. They were talking of names for the baby. Then I hear S say "don't name her I CUP its a trick", he was dead serious. If you don't know the trick spell I CUP!!








.

7 comments:

museumeg said...

What an awesome cake! And what a funny idea to smash their faces in it. I bet you guys laugh all the time in your family!

Czirr Family said...

First things first...YOU LOOK B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!!!!!...maaann...Love your hairstyle, love your eyebrows!! haha...love your beautiful smile!!!...come'n Lauren, pregnancy?... gosh!!! do you wonderful!!!. Lo ve the sotries and pics. Your boys look the same now...ha!...Love the "intencity" of the dad's willing to do a great job with the boys faces/cake thing? I laughed really hard just thinking how good it must be the feeling of doing it...hahaha.
Thanks for your thoughts on my blog.
Hope you stop here when you move to CA.
Take care my darling!

Prouses said...

As I mentioned in FB... THE BEST PICS EVER. Smashing your loving children's faces into a cake sounds simply DIVINE! I might just have to try that!! LOL!
You absolutely look wonderful pregers. Yes, I would have liked a side shot, but I know who I'm talking to here, so I'm happy with what I got:)
You're so lucky to go to NYC. I love that place. I swear... You can get the girl out of Jersey, but not the Jersey out of the girl :)
Hey, Denise and I are trying to get together between Christmas and New Years. Come with her to the Cheesecake factory in Valley Forge!!! I would love to see you again!

Gotolson said...

You do look great! I'm impressed with women that can look that amazing and be so pregnant! I'm glad to see what you've been up to. So when is the big move?

Juls said...

you are so stinking cute! REALLY! Loved the post. I can just imagine J bringing that picture to school. I really got a kick out of your tree. You crack me up!

kam said...

l, i have been thinking about you so much! can you believe i don't have your cell number in my phone? will you please call me or send it to me so i can text you? i want to know what's new!! how do you feel> you look so good! send me the address to the apartment you are in so i can send you some christmas love!! love you so much, kam

danielnsoly said...

you look so good! and daniel loved the shoe story! he wants to know what your reply was.