The kids (all the neighborhood kids) have been bugging us for a while to have a camp out. We finally did it - in the backyard of course. I would love to say it was the best camping experience of my life, but in reality camping in humid weather leaves something to be desired, and leaves nothing dry in the morning. Our free tent was the hit of the night. The other kids thought it was sooo big!
There was of course smore making and scary stories around the little teeny campfire. Soz even put little logs in a circle for the kids to sit on for an "authentic scary story feeling".
Here are some cool pics of a birthday party Jacob and Pence went to a while back. Bryce was turning 6 and it was some cool Star Wars party, complete with certified Jedi training.
Pence was working his bouncy ball moves. We had to deflate the ball a LOT because Pence's legs were too short for him to be able to balance and bounce. Maybe he just needs some more milk!
Oh and here is a picture of me the morning of our sprint triathlon. I look excellent of course - I am thinking to myself "what the crap was I thinking" (it was all Julie's doing). I was really, really nervous looking out at the water, but all in all it was awesome. I had a blast and it took me 2hr 10min to finish it all. A 1/2 mile swim in 59 degree water, 15 mile bike, and a three mile run (or in my case a really slow jog/walk). I had to much fun in the end so I obviously didn't work hard enough but it ROCKED!!
9 comments:
Hey you! whenever you want to visit Utah, you guys will be more than welcome to stay in our homeIt will be so fun to have you here! so just let me know when!. I miss our getting together, specially our summer pool parties and going to Hershey with all the kids. That was fun. I'm glad to have so many great memories of Harrisburg. So you decide when to come and we will wait for you. And if anybody wnts to come too they are welcome too.
I miss you guys so much! Its so sad that Jacob and Isaac are so far away from eachother! They were such Best Friends! Can't wait to see you! I Love you!
Hmmm...I'm noticing that pictures of you AFTER the triathlon are strangely missing??
We miss you guys so much! cant wait to see you. let me know if you got that thing i was telling you about.
I have some great pictures of you finishing the race...I will have to send them to you when I get home.
So did you stay outside with them? If so I am SO impressed!
see alyssa i don't have any pics of the end.. i didn't take a pic and i told my fam not to come - that is how i roll.. (belly and all) julie will hook me up with pics. and FYI julie i did sleep outside with them i was pretty gross in the morning!!
Lauren, congrats on the race, you rock. I get nervous just wondering if I'm tough enough to do it, that probably means I'm not. Looks like your summer is fab. I miss the girls from that ward. I'm thinking of just crashing playgroup sometime, really. Thanks for letting me snoop.
I went by your house today and dropped off a bag... YOUR HOUSE WAS GRAY!! It looks nice, and sooo different! Forget that 70's blue... LOL
YOu are super woman.
Post a Comment