What would a holiday be without a project. This year to celebrate the 4th K and I refinished two floors in our house. It is quite labor intensive - I was sweating like a pig and my back was killing me by the time the sanding was done. I got the much easier job of running the drum sander while K got the edger - he was in a squatting position most of the day. He was feeling quite sore the day after!!
Do you see the firework in the middle of the grass?! It was a really weird feeling watching my neighbor light it in the grass - it just kind of freaked me out. I kept waiting for something to catch on fire, but it never happened. It had been raining kind of all day, but still - weird!! (That would never happen in the west)
We could not work all day so at about 4 the festivities began. We ate lots of food with the neighbors - then we did a pinata. After that we did some fireworks at the neighbors house and ended it all at mine with a movie and popcorn. Everyone was super tired when it was all over at 10pm. The next day I got to clean up the big wood mess and put down the poly. It was a sweaty job but rewarding because the floors looked awesome after all was said and done. We also went to a friends house that evening for some food and then we walked over to see the fireworks. They were quite spectacular - K and Dave stayed back at the house and watched them from the front lawn because they just didn't get the big deal. I would say it was all for the kids but I enjoyed the fireworks a lot.
This is the floor after it was sanded.
Here is Pence saying "giddy up" to the vacuum.
This is what the floors look like now - I wish I had taken a before pic - but trust me they looked like crap. One had paint all over it.
Last weekend we went to VA to visit some friends. On Saturday we went to a pick your own place where our friends are members. The fruit of the week was blueberries and the vegetable was kale. I only picked berries to eat them - I left the bucket filling to the kids - and I sure did eat a lot. Then there was a petting zoo and a huge play area with cool slides, bouncers, rope swinging, pedal bike races attached to the farm. It was a lot of fun, but very hot. We had planned on leaving the next day after church (4pm), but I wanted a nap so I could drive home. I woke up to the Wii - so we didn't leave till 1 am but boy did we have fun!!
Jacob - boxing!!
Pence - doing his cool I run when I punch move. It was so cute to see him running and punching - they were all beat by the end!!
On a sad note my excellent friend Julie moved to Utah on Monday the 30th - we will miss the Smalleys - and I will REALLY REALLY miss Julie. We had a fun girls night out party to see her off with karaoke and all (but that is something we won't talk about). Do I sound tired? because I am:)
7 comments:
WOW! Your floor looks great! I guess it better after all that work!!
I think Dwight learned to never set fireworks off on dry grass again... That was a what were you thinking moment...Bad experience :S
And BTW... did you ever even sing at Julie's farewell??? PLEASE!!
your house is looking amazing. we want to come visit so badly but cant afford it till next year, when it will be more expensive cause we will have to pay for tyler's ticket!! :( Anyways as we were looking through the pictures, daniel got really jellous when he saw the Wii and all those movies and the TV. Then when we actually read the blog we realized it wasnt your house.
Wow! Your house looks beautiful! David and I have been talking about when we are coming to visit before you move back! Whats the best time of year to come? We miss you and love you!
Lauren - you are supposed to do fireworks when its dark outside! haha! I am going to have to battle the kids when you come for Christmas, because Isaacs friends think I am cool that I can knock out in the first round on boxing! (Wii boxing that is)
i love the first picture with the fireworks on the grass. Looks like magic.
You're floors are incredible! Really.
WOW! the floor looks great!!!. The Smalleys stayed with us. It was really fun to have them here it brought a little bit of Harrisburg feeling back to our home.
Are those your same floors?!? Man you are amazing! How did the outside of your house ever turn out? I miss you too! David still talks about Jacob and Spencer. enjoy the rain...we are off to the beach :)
Post a Comment