Friday, January 4, 2008

Jacobo - tan grande


OK so not the best picture of Jacob - what can I say I am lazy at a lot of things. I can't even believe I can kind of remember what I was doing 6 years ago, yesterday. The pain is still somewhat vivid - I only really remember when it is time to do it again. I gave birth to a beautiful and I really mean beautiful boy named Jacob. He was only 6 lbs 7 oz so the pushing was kind of a breeze. The question you must ask yourself is, "was it worth it?".. Duh - even I, a semi decent mom will admit that it was! That boy was so beautiful - I thought he was a girl for the first couple months of his life. As a child Jacob did not like to be held - he preferred to be wiggling on the ground. That is probably why at 10 months he was off and walking.

He also did not like to sleep. True to himself he still does not like to sleep. He has a really hard time relaxing to go to sleep and he does not sleep through the night - poor guy. He did NOT inherit this problem from me. He likes to cuddle now more than ever - he loves the love, affection and attention.

This boy talks A LOT - he can make me crazy with talking. He talks about everything and anything - he loves to ask those religious questions I have a hard time answering. He likes to ask me to describe the Transformer or Spiderman movie scene by scene. Did I mention he is and elephant - he remembers most everything. He is very stubborn and doesn't give up if he really wants it. Olivia reminded me the other day how obsessive Jacob was and is. He still REALLY likes Spiderman, but now he is able to like other things as well. The love started at the age of 18 months when his cousin introduced him to the web spinning hero. He used to ask where Spiderman was in the scriptures - he now gets it that only cool prophets like Abinadi tell their stories in the scriptures.

This kid astounds me. He loves people, and doing things. He LOVES babies and yearns for one. He has an amazing thirst for knowledge and is loving learning to read. He is INSANE for puzzles, but mostly Transformer ones. He can DRIVE ME CRAZY in 2seconds, and undue it all in 1. One day I was laying down for a nap (the fact that he can hold down the fort while I nap makes him supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!! (I am sure that is spelled wrong) He is in the kitchen playing playdoh when I hear him tell Spencer, "let's clean everything up, it will make mom so proud of us!" I got up to him donning a broom and dustpan putting the finishing touches on the kitchen.:) What mom can resist that. He loves to eat out!! When we drive by a restaurant he will read the sign and say something like "Red Robin - we haven't eaten there yet - we need to". For his birthday he chose to eat at Red Robin and he kept asking me if I had told them it was his birthday because he wanted them to sing to him. He got to stand on the bench while they sang and he was in heaven - then Spencer was in heaven because Jacob gave him the sundae. Well my little kung fu fighter you are a blessing in my life in so many ways - I LOVE YOU!!

4 comments:

kam said...

Happy Birthday Tan Grande Boy!! ;) This was such a nice post Lauren! You are such a good mama; you are lucky to have Jacob and he is lucky to have you!

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday, Jacob. Daphne can't wait to meet you!

Kate said...

Awesome tribute to Jacob. Happy birthday to him!

Jackie Jo said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JACOB! I can't believe you are such an old man already! Good job in Kindergarten and wanting soo much to learn how to read! I am proud of you. Lauren, I am proud of you too...you are such a great mom! Love you guys.