Saturday, January 12, 2008

IT'S January 12th

How is this happening.. where has the beginning of the year gone. I guess I should be glad that I have been busy. You know busy with things like - playing Scrabble with my neighbor 4 times this week. Her husband was working Khuong hours this week and K was just working normal so we got together while the kids played OUTSIDE!! That is right the weather was pretty excellent this week. Well I cannot welcome the new year without saying goodbye to 2007. Hershey Park is going to be the big miss of 2008, and really the only thing I am going to say goodbye to. We got season passes last year and we went so much I can't believe my kids are not super sick of it!! I would guess we visited the sweetest place on earth like 50 times - maybe I am exaggerating, but I don't know, that sounds about right. Of course I only have a couple of pictures because I just forgot to take my camera. I did remember our last trip to HP. Here are some of the highlights.
Jacob and Spencer would hug every Hershey man they could find - high fives were also always swapped


Mr. Hershey bar thought he was being so cute jumping in on this picture... OK he was.





See that big smile on Pence - 2 seconds before that he was in tantrum mode, THEN I found 5 bucks and gave it to him. Oh the smile that followed - how do kids know money is fun to have?

We were lucky enough to have friends visit to go with us. This is the Handy clan - they came up like 4 times to go. This was obviously around Halloween. Cameron also came up to go - I have pictures somewhere.


All of these pictures - but I didn't get one of Jacob on his favorite ride. The cars - that is right - one night we went on them 7 times in a row. Khuong finally put an end to it - he said the gas smell was making him sick. Jacob loved to drive, he says he is ready to drive my car. Like a good mom I told him that when he is 25 he can drive my car. Hershey Park was perfect - this year was its 100 year anniversary. That meant a new water park that was kind of crazy and cool. Spencer loved it, while Jacob was more of a ride man. Spencer preferred to sit in the stroller and eat crackers instead of riding some rides. We will miss you HP, but 2009 may bring season passes again.

Welcome 2008 - 2007 was AWESOME, FRESH, RAD.. you know all those 80's words. 2008 will be better - I can feel it!! So 2008 bring it.. On January first 2008 I went to bed at 6am. That must have been some party - it was!! Khuong and I rang in the new year tiling the rest of our kitchen and hall.. It was actually a lot of fun - I really like to work with Khuong. Neither of us had done any tile work before, I called my brother like 4 times a day to ask him dumb questions like, "what is the consistency of the grout suppose to be like, peanut butter or pizza dough?". Thank goodness he kept answering his cell phone. What a couple of days. I am sure that I am suppose to have some New Year resolutions - maybe this year I will shave my legs more or lose some weight.. doubtful.. but it was fun thinking about it. I hope everyone has a rockin 2008!!

Wait maybe I will paint my kitchen and put up baseboard. This may be possible!!

5 comments:

Jackie Jo said...

It looks marvelous! Are you guys going to go into business?

Ms. Kneisly said...

Way to go! I am so impressed with the hard work you put into it.

Kate said...

Nice tile, lady. Hershey Park looks fun.
So we should plan a trip... I'll come to visit you and we'll go to NYC. Let's do that in 2008. What do you think? Q is going on a trip in August with his friends.... I deserve a trip too. :)

kam said...

I too am so impressed with everything you are doing with your own two hands! You are so talented and handy! Do you have your own belt? ;) Thanks for all the comments and love you leave on my blog; I appreciate you- Kam

Juls said...

HP just wouldn't have been the same without YOU! It was great! We will have to bum a few tickets from Hershey workers before we move.