Well it is snowing again and my kids love it. It currently feels like 19 degrees outside. The kicker is the two are outside having a blast. I can currently see Jacob doing a dance on top of the play structure while Pence is sliding down the slide head first.:) Oh to be young again.
Now lets talk about what I really want to. That is right Wei-Wei (way-way) that is how I would spell it if I really had a kid with that name. I must go farther back in time for you to be able to get the whole picture. Jacob is baby CRAZY - he really wants more kids. He likes to tell me this every once in a while, and he likes to tell other people this. He once told my friend "my mom looks pregnant but she isn't -when is she going to get pregnant?" You cannot be a hater because it is probably true. Then he told a lady at church that his mother thought her baby was adorable and that he really wanted more brothers and sisters. He might take another angle like "mom, it is so boring with just two kids" -he really has it down to a science. :)
To really make sure I understand his pain, and for him to cope with it he has created a new brother for himself. This is Wei-Wei, the blue piggy bank he got from Jackie many years ago. Now he says things like "I have 2 brothers now and you have 3boys", or "Wei-Wei is hungry" (how convenient that Wei-Wei eats money). I must give props to the boy who could not wait for his mom to get pregnant - so he just created his own sibling. Wei-Wei accompanies us once in a while at the dinner table. He has come on a drive with us and Jacob was sure to buckle him in. All in all it isn't such a bad deal - he is cute and no maintenance.
5 comments:
SO funny. My brother was the only boy after three girls. He had an imaginary friend that hung out with us for years named Kiki. Yes, Kiki was a boy. It was Zac's way to get that brother-he-never-had. My brother "left" Kiki in Colorado one year when we were there on vacation. Somehow he didn't make it home... and that was the end of Kiki.
Sooo... do we get to see a picture of Wei-Wei? At least he's not imaginary!
What little I know of Jacob tells me that he is nothing if not persistent: first the all Spider-Man all the time thing, and now the endless baby demands. You know you're going to be knocked up by Christmas--and that way you don't have to buy Jacob or Wei-Wei a present :) I love you, woman.
Avery too has recently developed not one, but two imaginary friends. They are her "ghosts": Marie and Michelle. Marie was the first and was not fun enough, so entered in Michelle. We don't even know people with those names. I suspect they were invented because Avery was sick of being ignored.
I am laughing my pants off! Wei-Wei is so stinkin' awesome! Jacob is a crack-up! That's hysterical! Good luck with honoring his wish list! ;)
Oh my gosh. I just realized that Wei-Wei is sledding with the boys. I am embarrassed that I didn't notice that before and was demanding pictures of son #3. He's a cute little blue pig. :)
Post a Comment