Can you see these awesome houses we made - that is right. I have been bragging about them to Julie all week but they really aren't that fabulous. Mine of course is the best one - duh.. I as always was thinking ahead because mine can pull double duty - it can be stored and brought out for a cindo de mayo celebration. Khuong was on call so the competition was not too steep.
Spencer tasting his work
&
Jacob hard at work
Now this picture I am sure incites jealousy. You may be saying "where can I get one of these?" sorry but I don't think you can even find one on ebay. This is April O'neal from TMNT (teenage mutant ninja turtles). Last Christmas I bought a bunch of used TMNT toys for the boys. I got them for an EXCELLENT deal from a friend and I never really went through them all. Anyways this little lady was part of the deal. When my mom was visiting over Thanksgiving she found her and was appalled. Her shirt had been rubbed off in inappropriate spots (natural wear and tear). She also is not dressed very modestly. My mom went in search of a purple marker to make it all better. The only flaw was she used a non permanent marker so it can easily be rubbed off. This poor unsuspecting toy now lays in the trash. I think my mom is AMAZING and CRAZY at the same time - and that is why we love her!!
We had our first ice storm - it was kind of scary and beautiful at the same time. It did not end up being as bad as they thought it was going to be - so I could enjoy the rarity of it without fear. It was crazy - some of the branches on our neighbors trees fell off, so I went out to inspect them. In the middle it was as any living tree would be, but the outside was coated in ice making it so fragile and inflexible. The next day was cold but the sun was out. I got to experience something that was so mesmerizing. I am not very good with describing how incredible it was - but imagine a MAJESTIC evergreen, tall and full - as the sun melted the ice it was as if the tree was weeping. It seemed like all the ice had melted at once creating this instantaneous shower. I had to stop to watch it. It is times like these that I am overwhelmed with the beauty of the earth.
4 comments:
Your houses are WAY better than ours! I guess we should have spent more time decorating than eating! I am dissappointed that tonight it is supposed to be more ice...not snow!
Wow! Ice storms! I'm not sure if we ever had one that bad in Ohio. I love reading what you wrote about the beauty of the earth. It really is awesome.
Also, I love your cracker houses. And I love that you call them cracker houses. And those boys are just too cute.
I like all the gum drops on jacob's. his wins for me. and i can't stop grinning at the shirt being rubbed of in funny places. seriously. whoever did the rubbing must have been one daft kid to think he could see something on a plastic doll. sorry if you know the person who did the rubbing.
i too loved your comments on the earth and i love you. when are you coming home?
mine did not do the rubbing - i think it just happened.. or at least i hope it did?!
Post a Comment