Sound a little corny.. well it is.. Anyways I am the laziest blogger but about two weeks ago my brother, Spencer and my mom came to visit. It was of course a visit full of relaxation and fun - NOT!! Khuong took the time off and Pence and Khuong remodeled the bathroom.. It is soo crazy how different it looks now.. The pictures are not totally ready because I need to fix a leak in the vanity. (I am hoping to tackle it this weekend or sooner) I have puttied up most of the holes that needed to be done and all the walls are painted. There is going to be a laundry shoot (I am soo excited) Khuong made the hole, but we still have to do the cabinetry, etc.. It really is going to be awesome - we just still have a lot to do.. A week was not enough time to finish it all.. It was a little or a lot CRAZY!!! But it must be said Khuong had a fabulous week.. He loved every minute of it and was soo sad to go back to life as a resident. He called me three times the day back to say he missed us and that he wanted to be home. He misses my family, but work has kept him extremely busy, and the next 2 months are going to be a marathon for him. We will miss him. Part of Khuong's elation with the week you can see in pictures. No matter what time it was at night when they stopped working (Pence and Khuong) they were sure to play a little or a lot the game supper bomber man, and to watch a kung-fu movie. They were up till 4 or 5am on several occasions.. :) They only missed one night for watching a movie and bomber man was a nightly routine. I on the other hand hit the sac pretty early - I was tired and I didn't do that much. My work is all the finishing and pain in the rear stuff.. Grandma was Martha Stewart while here - cooking and baking goodies.. Spencer's next trip will have to be just for fun, because the boys complained that they didn't get to play with uncle Spencer, daddy, or grandma enough.. Grandma comes back for Thanksgiving and we can't wait..
Jacob and I cried as we left the airport and Spencer was mad because he didn't feel that he gave Uncle Spencer a good enough goodbye. Baby Spencer is always sad he isn't getting on a plane when we go to an airport. The week since they left has been a blur. I haven't been feeling well and the house has needed major putting back together. My porch is finally clean after a dump run and trash day. I am sure my neighbors are glad the mess is gone.
Jacob has been enjoying school and maybe not feeling to well - for the last 3 nights he has told me "I am tired".. He NEVER says that!! We continue to enjoy the nice cool weather - and the kids are outside everyday for almost all of the day. It is fabulous having a family of one kid next door and 5 kids next door to that. Sometimes the boy from down the street comes to visit and that makes 9 in total. It makes for quite a party everyday outside. We have to say thanks to Brian and JoAnn next door who have the best driveway and are the middle house, creating an excellent gathering ground (even if they aren't home:)) All of our backyards run together creating at least and acre and a half for them to run about.
1 comment:
What an awesome family you have Lauren! I love them all.
Post a Comment