Friday, August 22, 2008

boys, boys, and boys

I love having boys - here was the last day of Jacob's camp. We all went up to see his little performance and then the fun began. Jacob had been telling me about his spider catching abilities all week, and now was the time to prove it. Spencer can never be out done. Spencer has a spider painted on his forehead from the little fair we went to in the morning - how fitting for the afternoon adventures.



We also did the summer reading program which had some cool prizes - here we are at the corn maze/farm.




We tried to go to bounce U as a family but we got there and the session times had changed. Then we headed over to miniature golf but got distracted by the frogs.





The local newspaper had a program where if the kids completed 10 projects out of the 30 or so offered they got free Hershey Park passes. Of course we did it. It was a neighborhood project so we all went together!! It was a blast, but I will admit - I didn't think they would make it till 11 pm - CRAZY!!! Spencer was into the little rides only - I made him do a couple he didn't want to. He is just a "Kiss" so most rides were out of his height anyway. Jacob loves the BIG CRAZY rides, so if a "Reese's" was allowed - he was there. Spencer's favorite ride was the mini scrambler because they could reach out and give each other high fives as they passed each other - it was cute to watch.

This is a picture of part of the water works they opened last year - it is pretty awesome. Jacob does not like the water at the park so he missed out on some fun.





How can summer be over - it has been filled with friends and fun. For our last trip before school we went to visit friends in VA!! Michelle (10 yrs ago H. Perrin)let me come and can peaches with her. The peaches were peaches from hell but we got through it. We blame the bad peaches on the fact that the kids helped pick them. When needing a scape goat, ambitious peach picking boys are the way to go!! I will admit I enjoyed my first canning experience and I am hoping the canning lady will invite me back next year!! I did not put the peaches on the cookie sheet for a picture - we put them all outside for a little sun and it was a way to move a lot without damaging them. The boys enjoyed their peach canning experience because it gave them endless hours on the WII!!

7 comments:

Czirr Family said...

FINALLY!!!! I've been checking and checking your blog and nothing until now. I'm glad you are back to bussiness!...I love the pictures! it looks you guys had a fun fun summer! ... Kayla is a "nature girl" as she call herself...she likes to catcht rolly pollies...Spencer is more adventureous. ha

Czirr Family said...

hey would you tell Deann if she please invite me to see her blog, I don't have her blog address. Thank you...you

Meghan said...

Okay...so I am so glad that there are more girls in my family.
I don't think I could handle the whole spider picture! I can't wait until you are here so maybe your blog will have pictures of the cousins! haha

Prouses said...

Hey! There you are! No, we're not quite gone yet! We're coming back tuesday on a red eye to Philly... OH HOW FUN! Joshua starts school on Weds at the charter school. YEAH BABY FULL DAY KINDERGARTEN!!!
I love how the boys are SUCH boys in everything they do :) I can see Jacob being one of those man vs. nature show dudes. So funny.
I agree with Andrea, I tried to check out Deann's blog and it didn't work... Bummer.

danielnsoly said...

hey i cant believe spencer and joacob would pick up a spider. although daniel finds them so facinating and loves getting books about them. that is as far as it goes. he is so scared of the spiders. love you guys and cant wait to see you soon!

Crazy Jen said...

All I can say about the bugs is yuck! Your boys would love to come to my work. I work at a hospital on a peninsula, very woodsy and naturey (is that a word?), and there are tons and tons of bugs all over the hospitals walls and doorways (luckily most are on the outside). Everytime I go through an outside door I duck and run because I don't want no spider falling in my hair! They probably would love the grasshopper spider (spiders with long legs that actually hop around) yes, we have them! Again, YUCK!!!

Juls said...

Oh how I MISS PA! Peaches are the hardest fruit to can! There are so many steps involved. But look at you little home maker :) I should get you a canner for Christmas.