This year for New Year's we decided to have a party full of cousins. 5 of them came to stay with us for 5 days (without their parents). The boys are really into Star Wars and Harry Potter, but we decided to go with a Star Wars theme. Any good party starts out with FOOD! We all know that. Thank goodness for Little Caesar's and their professional chefs.


The group before the real fun began

What is a party without some homemade decorations. I had planned to do more decorations, but I was tired before the party even started. I consider it a huge success that we even had any party.

What kind of party would it be without some "bubbly". My niece wet the glasses, popped them in the freezer, and then dipped them in some sugar before adding the bubbly. So fancy!

What's a party without some nose picking, and how could we have a Star Wars party without Chewi in attendance. (what a cute Chewi she made:)) The boys are putting their light sabers to good use.

Here they all are dressed up and ready to go! Let the games begin!!

Some fighting to get the body limber.

The first of our games was an intense Slinky race. We had two winners - S and Rox. All the kids wanted to win because who wouldn't want a Slinky as a prize.

Then a little game of Twister. I imagined it would be a short game, but in the end we had to award 2 winners. The two in the middle must be made out of licorice because they just kept on twisting.

The last and craziest activity was a HUGE Nerf gun war. Thank goodness I was on K's team. He is such a strategist - even when it comes to Nerf capture the noodle. (we didn't have flags, but we had pool noodles) We won of course - well at least once. Some people asked me how I survived those 5 days. It all came down to 11 Nerf guns and 300 bullets. Every night and sporadically throughout everyday we had Nerf wars going on.

Most of the kiddos didn't make it till midnight. This little lady rarely made it past 8 pm any night. I think she made it to 10pm on the party night.

This, not so little lady wanted to give all those who slept early a surprise. A big red surprise!

Yep, she went around kissing all the boys on the cheek. Even K got one. The best part was some of the boys got all the way to church without realizing there was lipstick on their cheek! :) (poor guys)

All in all we had a blast!! Tomorrow the 23rd we celebrate another New Year - The Chinese New Year. I am sure it won't be as fun, but who's going to complain about red envelopes with money in them!
2 comments:
I love it! You guys sure know how to have fun! I'll probably have to copy that at some point! HEHE
BTW, Sushi makes the best ever Chewi!!!
Post a Comment