This was when we laid them to see how they fit and to label them.
This is the finished walkway - we still have to mulch on the sides and seed grass up to the mulch but it looks awesome!!! It is a night shot because I just went out to take it right now - but it really is beautiful.
I have known K for over 22 years when in 1986 - his (then) toilet bowl haircut moved in across the street. These are a few memories of the good old days. (good old days being anything before HS when homework and sports took over)
- In 6th grade he was the TEACHERS PET - it seriously used to make me crazy. She would even say k said the right answer when I didn't hear him say anything - I had to make fun of him for it.
- We used to take turns carrying each others backpacks home. Don't laugh - we had a system - we believed it was easier to carry one on the front and one on the back - it kind of balanced you out.
- We ran every morning to Junior High School because we left late and were ALWAYS almost late to school. Things haven't changed much.
- In sixth grade I beat him in the "Invention Convention" - I got 2nd and he got
3rd (nice - we were very competitive with each other)
- I was a punk to him- in the summer between 7th and 8th we took a geometry class together and we would get "money" for doing things. At the end of the class we could buy things at an auction with our money. I purposely ran up the price on some colored pencils I knew he wanted then stopped so he had to pay the high price. (He still has those pencils)
- The summer after 8th grade we took IPS together and he had some serious bad breath - I told him so everyday.
- We would play baseball almost everyday after school in the street (he would play barefoot - CRAZY - and I was soo the better player:)
- He once told me he could fart whenever he wanted to - of course I told him to prove it!! (now I know better than to have that conversation with him)
- We had a bike race in 6th grade around the block - I kicked trash (mind u he probably only weighed 55 lbs, I on the other hand..)
- In HS he and my brother had a contest in the summer to see who could go the longest without showering - it was gross.
- I was in love with him in sixth grade.
K rocks!!
13 comments:
So stinkin' cute and romantic!
CONGRATULATIONS MY DARLING!!!!...I love to read your story...I didn't know that you guys know each other since...forever!..Isn't life funny?...some can know each other for 10000000 years...and it will work perfectly and others (like Kyle and me) just a couple of weeks and work perfectly too!...when I think about it, its just make sense for me that we knew before this life and we promise that we will find each other and work through everything to be together for all eternity. I loved to read your love story...it brings smiles on my face...some of those were pretty funny.
Have a lots of fun today or tomorrow or whenever K will be with you to celebrate!.
Oh! Your entry way looks great!!!...but...where is the car entrance to the garage now?
How sweet! You are amazing to do all of that crap to your house!!!
You are a serious NERD, but I guess that is why I love you. You are too cute. LOVE the walkway. Seriously I hope you will get some of this sweat equity out of your house. Because I know you have sweat a ton :) I wish I was there to help you with your projects. Hey I like how your house turned out. You never did post a picture after you painted.
Lauren and Khoung...Congratulations! I love you both too much. I remember the romance blossoming at BYU...good times.
The walkway rocks!!!
congrats! hope you had a good one!the walkway looks great
I had no idea you were so romantic. That is so awesome that you guys have know each other for so long and have tons of history. Congrats on your anniversary. I loved your story!!
P.S. Your walkway looks awesome too! Good job.
PS I only called you a nerd because you are way smarter than I will ever be!
Hey where are the pictures from your new cabinets? I am thinking of doing almost the exact thing to my kitchen. How was it spraying the hardware?
Happy Anniversary. You're post is sweet and funny, I laughed. I want to hear and see what you did to your kitchen and maybe steal a few ideas :)
woops, I meant your not you're.
Post a Comment